Better Way To Bank
Offering Members A Better Way To “Bank”
Credit Unions Are The Best Option For Consumers To Conduct Their Financial Services. Credit unions are democratically owned and controlled institutions that have no outside stockholders. After reserves are set aside, earnings are returned to members in the form of dividends on savings, lower loan rates and fees, or additional services.
Nearly 92 million U.S. consumers are member-owners of, and receive all or part of their financial services from the nation’s 7,598 credit unions. Consumer deposits at nearly all credit unions are federally insured by NCUA and credit unions have their own share-insurance fund.
Credit unions were there to help consumers during the financial crisis.
- Financially safe & sound
- History of careful lending
- Continued to serve their communities and lend money when other financial institutions would not
- Reflect strong capital ratios
- Economically sound
The Benefits Of Using A Credit Union
- Members save big at credit unions because they have consumer-friendly pricing.
- Member owned
- Locally run
- Earnings returned to members in the form of lower interest on loans & higher interest earned
- Money stays in the community